2018 Club and Open Matches
Please remember to book charter boats spaces at least 2 weeks before competition dates – see rule 15 of Competition rules.
18 February – Best pair of whiting – 8am-4pm
18 March – Best Pollack – 8am-4pm
15 April – Number of Species – 9am-5pm
20 May – Best Pair of Plaice – 9am-5pm
17 June – Best Cod – 9am-5pm
1 July – Number of Species – 9am-5pm
21/22 July – Jurassic Open (West Bay) – 9am-5pm
28 July – Beer Regatta/RNLI Open Comp (Lyme Regis) 9am – 5pm
5 August – Best Tope – 9am-5pm
26 August – Best Bass – 9am-5pm
9 Sept – Number of Species – 9am-5pm
30 September – Black Bream Festival (open) – 9am-5pm
27/28 October – 5 Go Fishing Open Competition – 9am-5pm
25 November – Number of Species – 9am-5pm
- Match fees are £1.00 plus optional £2.00 pool.
- All competitors to register on charter boat(s) not later than 15 minutes prior to competition starting.
- Weigh in for boat matches will be the covered shelter at the end of the Cobb.
- Members are reminded to register their own specimen/notable fish for honours.
- The management committee recommend that each member should join the Angling Trust for insurance purposes and to register specimen/notable fish for national awards.
- Charter boat fees will be £50 per person for comps spaces to be booked direct with skippers if you are using a charter boat.
- The “Plaice Comp” will revert to a species comp if conditions are unsuitable. This decision will be made at 1600 hours on the previous day. Should this happen then the following “species comp” will become a “plaice comp”.
- NEW FOR 2018 – No size limit for species!
- For species comps new bait packs only – you can use fish caught as bait.