Skip to content
Club and Open Matches
Please remember to book charter boats spaces at least 2 weeks before competition dates – see rule 15 of Competition rules.
2019 Boat League dates.
We will be using a new scoring system this year which should keep it much more interesting.
24th February 08:00-16:00 Species (double points for Whiting)
24th March 08:00-16:00 Best Pollack
28th April 09:00-17:00 Species
19th May 09:00-17:00 Best pair of Plaice
16th June 09:00-17:00 Species (double points for Cod)
28th July 09:00-17:00 Best Tope (measured)
17th/18th August 09:00-17:00 Five go fishing in Dorset (open comp) privately owned boats are now welcome in this competition.
15th September 09:00-17:00 Species
29th September 09:00-17:00 Black Bream Festival (open comp)
20th October 09:00-17:00 Best Bass (measured)
17th November 08:00-16:00 Species
Charter boat spaces are available on the Blue Turtle @ £50 per angler – contact Lewis to book 07519 160020 or you can use your own boat but please let the committee know if you wish to do so.
Bait is supplied on ALL SPECIES COMPETITIONS you will get a set amount of bait for £10 each. You may bring your own bait to all other competitions rules.
- Match fees are £1.00 plus optional £2.00 pool.
- All competitors to register on charter boat(s) not later than 15 minutes prior to competition starting.
- Weigh in for boat matches will be the covered shelter at the end of the Cobb.
- Members are reminded to register their own specimen/notable fish for honours.
- The management committee recommend that each member should join the Angling Trust for insurance purposes and to register specimen/notable fish for national awards.
- For species comps new bait packs only – you can use fish caught as bait.