*** JUNIOR WINTER WHITING BOAT TRIP ***
Gavin, LRSAC Committee Member, is organising a 4-hour winter whiting boat trip for Juniors next week in half-term. Leaving from Lyme Regis with Lyme Bay Charters. This is open to any Junior – cost £30 (tuition and bait provided). Tackle hire £5. Post or message him for more details. Day TBC. Weather is looking best on Wednesday. 🙂 No previous experience is necessary!
(1) This is a PRIVATE CHARTER and not an official CLUB trip. It’s being organised privately for the benefit of Juniors.
(2) Any junior is welcome to become a junior member of LRSAC. Junior Membership of LRSAC is FREE. The club also run FREE competitions throughout the year for Junior Members. 🙂 Membership also gives you 10% discount at The Tackle Box, the opportunity to win trophies and you can attend the free party and buffet at the end of the year! A bargain!! 🙂
(3) This trip is with Lyme Bay Charters, skippered by Lewis or Phil Hodder – a fully licensed and equipped charter boat from Lyme Regis. All under 16s will be under the responsibility of the skipper but tuition will be provided by Gavin.
(4) The boat has a warm cabin and onboard loo. However, this is a winter trip so dress WARM – lots of layers and wear wellies and waterproofs.
(5) Any fish in size may be kept and taken home to be presented to parents and carers for cooking! We’ll be targeting whiting but there is always a chance of other species including rays, plaice, pollack, pout or conger eels.
(6) For safety and practical reasons this trip is limited to 8 Junior Members. There will be one adult present for each 3 junior members.
(7) Bait and tuition will be provided. Gavin will be teaching junior anglers about how to boat fish – rods, lines, weights, hooks, etc. No previous experience is necessary. This trip is great for first-timers! 🙂